Verteda Goes Vert
Warrington, UK – 13th July 2015
Leader of Warrington Borough Council (WBC) Councillor Terry O’Neill was this week invited to Warrington based technology company Verteda for a tour of their office and to observe how Verteda works and supports the local community and discuss their new green initiative.
Verteda, has had its Head Office based in Warrington’s Cygnet Court since 2009 and now employs over 40 people, providing integrated hospitality software solutions to a wide range of clients including sports stadia, entertainment venues, hotels and resorts, and hospitality and foodservice operators, enabling them to streamline operations, enhance customer satisfaction, increase workforce productivity and maximise revenue and profitability.
Local customers include Chester Racecourse, Liverpool Philharmonic, Manchester Arena, Manchester City FC, Old Trafford and Sapporo Restaurants.
Verteda prides itself on its significant activity within the local community and has over recent months been involved in a wide ranging number of initiatives that benefit the local area, including:
• Verteda Goes Vert – this is a key initiative for the company that has seen them choose plugin Hybrid electric vehicles to replace their standard company cars of BMW and Mercedes. This forward thinking strategy on company vehicles promotes a greener and more environmentally friendly ethic, therefore helping to improve the local environment in terms of carbon emissions.
• They are also sponsoring local athlete Abi Fitzpatrick. Abi, who is a 400M Hurdles runner and lives in Great Sankey, has the potential to compete at the Olympic Games next year in Rio and has been supported by Verteda over the last couple of years via Sportsaid and is now being sponsored by the company directly who have given her support in form of a branded vehicle.
• In recent months Verteda has also supported Chris Bridge and his work with the Warrington Stroke association as well as The Honeyrose Foundation in St Helens.
• Verteda’s very own Trevor Roberts just completed the Ultra Marathon in Cape Town to raise more funds for The Children's Adventure Farm Trust which resulted in over £1,500 being donated to help with new equipment for this worthy local cause. Previously the team at Verteda have run 10KM races to help raise funds for this charity and maximise awareness of their amazing work. Verteda is passionate about taking time to make a small difference to the lives of young, less fortunate children.
• Verteda continues to work with RBS in Warrington on their support of the Peace Centre.
Speaking on his visit to Verteda, Terry O’ Neill commented: “It was great to visit to Verteda’s office to discuss their on-going involvement within our community, I was particular keen to understand more about their Verteda goes Vert initiative. This is a key area for us in Warrington to aim for as many green initiatives from companies as possible”.
I was thrilled to learn about what an active part Verteda plays within the community and their commitment to Warrington and surrounding areas. Obviously we are delighted to have such a leading company have their head office within the area, but for them to give back to the area in such a committed way is excellent.”
Adrian Burns, MD, Verteda commented “We thank Terry for his visit and are pleased to continue our support in Warrington and its local causes, we wish Abi the best of luck in her forthcoming races ready to qualify for the Olympics next year”.